Monday, February 10, 2014

The arched top door Minster Oh final pictures and notes

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
In paying another visit to Minster, Ohio today, I took some additional pictures to share with you, with the door hardware and outside weather stripping on.
A note on the weather stripping - it was difficult to find anything that would seal up the arch portion of the door properly. I finally settled on garage door stop material! It has a wider vinyl piece to help accommodate the arched area. The solid part was too wide, so I ripped it on the table saw to about an inch wide. I had to pre-drill holes to avoid breaking it, and secured it with 6d finish nails. I finished it off by caulking around it with exterior 50 year caulk.

I am available for new projects. If you are interested in a discussing your ideas or want a quote, please email me! I hope youve enjoyed watching this project.





TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment