Sunday, March 2, 2014

Freshening for Guests

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download

This past week weve had company and now today my husbands cousin is coming to stay for the night.  As I made up the bed this morning with freshly laundered sheets that smelled faintly like lavender I couldnt help but grab the camera.   This room just makes me happy.  When company comes, we usually move Rosetta out of her bedroom and into the playroom so guests can sleep on the queen sized bed. 


 This lamp has always been a very favorite of mine.  I bought it years ago before I even had a home of my own!  It seems like it was just meant for this room, where its soft and romantic.


After I made these paper flowers for Jillians birthday, I didnt have the heart to throw them out... instead I stuck them on the bedside table.  I guess theyll work when fresh flowers arent found.  (smile)


 I love the contrast of the soft colors and warm wood.  I still have a couple things Id like to do in this room, but I like the direction its heading.

 

This bedroom sits off our front porch, which I gave a thorough scrubbing yesterday.  Outside the window you can see a couple of my antique clay pots, which I just used for planting some mint and cilantro in.


 And speaking of the windows, I think I finally found the perfect fabric for making curtains with.  The windows are bare in her room as Ive been waiting for the right fabric... what do you think?

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  On Sunday we are leaving for a mini vacation with my husbands family... it will be nice to get away for a couple days!

Sharing at Cedar Hill Ranch


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment