Saturday, January 25, 2014

and my paint project was

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Hi! Good news! We made it to the final round of Creating with the Stars!! Final voting starts on Monday, so make sure to come back then for more info!!

We ended up photographing our new secretary in the garage since it was SO heavy! It doesnt look too bad, but I could barely pick up my side. We have no where to put it, so well be selling it! 


We started with a piece from Goodwill, they were remodeling the back end of the building so we got it for 50% off, which ended up at $30. Im thinking the drop panel was originally intended to be a dry bar, Goodwill even had it "staged" with an ice bucket and martini glasses ...

We decided to turn it into a secretary desk and I love the new layout! We also added little feet to help it look not as bottom heavy and swapped the hardware for something smaller.

We designed the stencils in the computer and cut them out on the silhouette. The big one is 9 - 12x12 sheets that were taped together!


and a few behind the scenes shots ...

This stencil was pretty exhausting since it was so big, I had to hold down the stencil as I went since it didnt want to stay flat on the wall. We did photograph it in the garage, but there is concrete there! I picked up some cheap (about $1 a ft) laminate from Home Depot. It looked nice for the price, I wonder if it would hold up well? Finally, when styling, Im a big place it and step back to see what it looks like, David was nice enough to move things around for me :)



I found these brass pieces at a local antique store, only a few dollars each!



Vase and pencil holder are votive containers from Target.


I was so excited to see ranunculus, my second favorite flower (favorite peonies) 



 See how thick that door is!? The doors alone were super heavy!




 I really love it :) I hope you do too!! Im off to work on my final project!! :) Wish me luck!


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment